Some people are very proficient with online activity, and, for those who are, it is a good idea to establish online accounts for Medicare and Social Security. Not only can Medicare beneficiaries obtain a great deal of information without sitting on the telephone waiting at the 1-800 number, online accounts provide easy access to caregivers short and long-distance.
To create an account at Medicare go to myMedicare.gov and for Social Security go to www.ssa.gov/myaccount.
Some of the useful things a person can do with an online account include the following:
• Personalized Medicare benefits and services
• View Claims Information (access and print Medicare Summary Notices)
• Keep up with deductibles
• Learn about your providers
• Keep up with drug lists
• Download personal information with Blue Button
• Replace a Medicare card
• Change Direct Deposit
• Find out if you qualify for benefits
• Obtain verification of benefits
• Apply for benefits
• Appeal a decision